Sunday, January 10, 2010

A change is coming

Actually, the change is in progress!

The Knightwind Ensemble of Milwaukee has had the same Music Director for over 30 years, until now. Maestro John Steinke retired as Music Director of the group after their November concert. Since that time, the Ensemble has been searching for candidates to replace the Maestro. A number of candidates have emerged and the interview process has begun. I expect we will hear more of the progress later in the spring. But for now, I can tell you that if you were interested in the position but had not submitted your resume, you are too late.

Some of you may know that I volunteer for the Knightwind Ensemble. In the spirit of full disclosure, I must tell you that I am not a part of the process for evaluating the applicants for the Music Director position. However, as news becomes available, I will post it.

I can also tell you about the music planned for the Spring Concert on Sunday March 21 very soon. Rehearsals have begun and I will be able to discuss the program with the Associate Conductor and Acting Music Director Don Glassel.

More to follow.

No comments: