Just a reminder that the Halloween Concert by the Wauwatosa Community Band is on Monday November 2. Also, the Waukesha Area Symphonic Band performs on November 7th, and the Milwaukee American Legion Band concert is on November 8th. The last November concert is by the Knightwind Ensemble on Sunday November 22.
Speaking of the Knightwind Ensemble, I have more information on the program for the upcoming (3 PM in the Schwan Concert Hall on the campus of Wisconsin Lutheran College on the 22nd). Here's a listing of the pieces on the program:
- The Finale from the Fifth Symphony of Dmitri Shostakovich
- The March from the Symphonic Metamorphosis by Paul Hindemith
- Irish Tune from County Derry, Children's March, and The Duke of Marlborough Fanfare by Percy Grainger
- Rhosymedre by Ralph Vaughn Williams
- Russian Christmas Music by Alfred Reed
- La Fiesta Mexicana by H. Owen Reed
As you can see, this will be one intense concert, not only for the musicians (a real lip buster), but for the audience as well. Very rarely does one concert have all of these blockbuster pieces. It really shows the talent level of the group.
If you haven't marked November 22nd on your calendar yet, do so right now. Be sure to attend - this is a concert not to miss!
Besides, I'd like to meet you when you purchase your tickets from me!