Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ever have one of those days?

I just got through one of those weeks. And I did not get to prepare a post on community bands because of it. But one of the episodes I had this week has to do with the final two Knightwind Ensemble concerts. So, here's one example of the week's fun!

Many of you know that I help out the Knightwind Ensemble. One of my duties is to rent a truck to move percussion equipment to our concerts. So, back in April I reserved trucks for both our Senior Home concert and the Memorial Day Pops concert. I was assured there would be no problem. Then last week went nuts and everything seemed to be going wrong. I decided that I would call and confirm the truck rentals just to be sure.

Turns out that the national phone number I called passed the rental reservation to the local company just fine. The Senior Home concert will be smooth. However, I also found out that the local company is not open on Memorial Day. The reservation was on their books but they would be closed. They suggested I call the national number again.

The person at the national number took the information and promised me that someone would call back within two hours. Then she gave me the phone number to call in case I missed their call. That was 3 days ago...still no call. But thanks to the person who gave me their number. I get to hassle them tomorrow. At least I have a week to get this straightened out before Memorial Day. With apologies to Linda Ellerbee, "and so it goes".

On another note, Summer band concert season is just around the corner. I'll be logging a few of the festivities right here. If you know of summer band concerts, post them in a reply and we can all enjoy them! Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys!!!
Check this out-

On June 28th I saw the amazing singer Holly Rae performing at the Dubb Car Show. I think it's one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. She's so talented!!!!

she has another show coming up in MILWAUKEE on JULY 5- she's opening for Plies and Rick Ross!!!

Trust me guys, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!!
Go to her blog:
http://hollyrae-music.blogspot.com/

and check out her new beautiful song "Off The Meter" on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXbPmyugQ5s
Have fun...