The Concord Chamber Orchestra will perform on Saturday October 21 in their new concert venue, the Wauwatosa Presbyterian Church on 80th Street just north of North Avenue. The concert theme is Stars and Stripes: American Icons, and the concert honors different American Icons from composers (Aaron Copland and Leonard Bernstein) to heroes of history (Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Franklin.
Here are a few selections from the program:
- Rip Van Winkle Overture by George Chadwick
- Lincoln Portrait by Aaron Copland
- Overture to Candide by Leonard Bernstein (Natalie's favorite)
- Benjamin Franklin Suite arranged by Alan Shulman
- Suite from American In Paris by George Gershwin
Tickets are available at the door: Adults $18, Seniors $12, Students $5. The concert begins at 7 PM. For more information, see the orchestra's web site.
This looks like a fun concert to attend. I hope to see you there.