Sunday, March 13, 2011

Director Vacancy

I just received word that the Milwaukee Festival Brass is looking for a Music Director beginning next season. The MFB is Milwaukee's only British Style Brass Band. They have been under the direction of Dr. Patricia Backhaus for a number of years (sorry, I don't know just how many), and are much improved under her baton (and that I know from attending concerts over many years).

First, we all wish Dr. Pat the best in her new endeavors. Hopefully, I will be able to have a post in the near future with comments from Dr. Pat on those endeavors.

But the MFB needs help getting the word out to prospective brass band directors. All the details on the Music Director position, as well as the position of Music Director for the Milwaukee Festival Youth Brass (very possibly separate positions), are at the MFB web site: http://www.mfbrass.org/. If you are interested or even just curious, take a look. And if you know someone who would be interested, please pass this information on.

And one more thing: the MFB has two remaining concerts under Dr. Pat's baton: one on Sunday April 3 at 3 PM and the final concert on Saturday June 4 at 3 PM, both at Wisconsin Lutheran College. I think it would be great for Dr. Pat to receive a rousing audience for both concerts. Unfortunately, I have a conflict in April, but I've saved the June 4th date. I'll definitely be there!

No comments: